Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sad news and Update on Summer

I am so BUMMED! I finally found my camera and was trying to play around with and get it ready to transfer to my computer and I LOST ALL my pictures! The girls birthdays our new house and just everything! Even the pictures I took this morning of them learning to vacuum with their daddy! I just want to cry! I am hoping maybe someone who knows cameras and stuff will be able to help me retrieve them! Wow! This on top of a BAD week (I got severe Bronchitis and sinus infection- more details at the end)!
Update:
There has been a lot happening since I last blogged! I been putting it off the last cpl weeks because I couldn't find my camera! :(
In the end of June we went to Rexburg and saw Blaine's cousin Richard for the last time before he went to the MTC. We had a blast! We miss him lots but are very happy for him in this exciting time for him.
Then on July 4th weekend we went down to Colorado (near Durango) and met my parents there at my grandparents place. It was a short visit but LOTS of fun with them. The girls loved seeing their Grandma and Grandpa Roll and ALL the family. It became almost an Unofficial family reunion. Only 2 of my mom's siblings didn't come. The rest came all unexpectedly but it was GREAT to see everyone! On this trip our van started acting up a little bit worse but not bad!
So We get back home from a great weekend with them and to a messy house because of SO many things happening before we left. We get back and had to CLEAN!! FAST!! My in-laws were coming 2 days after that. Then we saw Blaine's parents and sisters on and off for the next week and half. We had lots of fun with them.
The girls and I also took swimming lessons these two weeks. What a great time and it was especially good bonding for me and Rachael since I was with her in the water babies class. Britteny has always been a fish! Loves the water and has no fear! Scary! But with her swimming lessons she learned how to float a little bit, and how to go underwater and everything. She still makes me worry because she will do stunts in the water for example: a forward and backward somersault in the kiddie pool! She is so funny. Rachael is not as comfortable with the water has her big sister is. But with the swimming lessons she loosened up a little bit! :)
Now my in-laws had left and I had 3 days before my sister Nikki flew up for 2 weeks! I was really excited but felt a little bit stressed since my house has been really busy so hard to keep up with it! We got to see the 6th Harry potter with her! Also we were having car and van problems! So she came and stayed with us. She was a BIG help with the kids and the house! She helped get me motivated and also take a break too! The kids absolutely just loved having her attention. I feel bad for all my visitors because... Normally my kids are my wake up alarm or I hear them in the morning (sometimes) and I get up BUT when someone is over my kids ALWAYS go to them first so sometimes because I don't hear them and they don't get me so the visitor gets up with them! I feel so bad because they are on vacation but with my hearing loss I really depend on Britteny to wake me up. So while Nikki was here we had a BUSY but fun time. On pioneer weekend we took her up to Rexburg so she can see BYU-I since she wants to go their after graduating next year! :) We stayed at Blaine's Aunt and Uncle's place. We got to visit with Travis and Kerrin and mainly Spencer since the rest of Blaine's family was going up to Canada for the holiday. We got to go 4 wheeling and that was LOTS of fun. Even the girls and I went and they took it a bit easier because of that but we still had a blast. Because of ALL that fun we got back to Logan later on Saturday than we planned. We went to the BEST firework show in Mendon(10 minutes from Logan). We were right under them and had ashes/dust falling on us. Rachael didn't like it as much but as long as Daddy was covering her ears and eyes she was okay! Then we had to get Ready for Sunday because I had a big family BBQ at my place for Nikki and so they can see our new place. We had a great turnout with them. It went really well. Everyone enjoyed the food and company.
Then Monday comes and we are starting to look SERIOUSLY at a new van because our van couldn't make it up a little hill without dying and when your in the valley that is hard to do! We went down to SLC to drop Nikki off and while we were their we looked at ONE van because the person was the only one to contact us back about it. We bought it! We test drove it and had Nikki listen to it. We LOVE it. It has a bigger engine which is good. It also has lots of extras that we weren't looking for but we got them in our price range. We got a 2001 Town & Country LXI minivan. So far its saving money in gas and just works great! We got it for 3995. The biggest thing it had against it is it had 152000 miles on it. But everything else is what we wanted and more. It was good to have a 100% reliable van now. Our car has been overheating and Blaine put a new fan in it and its doing LOTS better but still have to be careful. Its old! I don't like driving it but it got us where we needed to be while we were waiting for the right van.
After I took Nikki to the airport on Friday I came home and had to get my house ready for a baby shower for a friend. It was LOTS of FUN!!
Well last week I also started wondering if I was coming down with another sinus infection but it wasn't too bad so I didn't go to the doctors. But Friday night I decided if I wasn't getting any better I would go see my doctor on Monday, WELL..... Saturday night it got way worse and I couldn't sleep the WHOLE night so Blaine took me to Instacare on Sunday morning! We were in there for 45 minutes. The SHORTEST time ever! We found out I had Pneumonia!! CRAZY! I hadn't been coughing but my chest has been hurting but I thought it was heartburn from the baby! So anyways I called my family doctor and ob to let them know what happened and the medications. My family doctor called back and wanted to see me again anyways so.. We went in yesterday. He said that I had a severe bronchitis (he said it does have a faint sound that could be a sign of Pneumonia) and severe sinus infection and an ear infection. Thats why he wanted me to come in because the report and medications the instacare gave just didn't add up so he wanted to make sure everything was good and I got the right medications. He decided to give me another antibiotic because the one I had is good for bronchitis doesn't do too much to Sinus infections. So now I have 2 antibiotics and an inhaler which helps my breathing SO much. I was really glad that he noticed and took the time to call me and get me in! Still feel pretty bad but I am a lot more comfortable with all the medications he gave to help me.
Also I am having another baby girl!!! We were disappointed (a Little bit) since we were hoping for a boy BUT we are VERY excited and happy to have another cute little girl. We are planning to name her Sabreena Lee Dye.
Oh! Our garden has been AWESOME!!! We have been enjoying Raspberries, some strawberries and apricots too! We also have had lots of zucchini and yellow squash. Soon we will be enjoying our spaghetti squash. We have bell peppers and tomatoes that are still working on getting ripened!
Well That's the big update. Hopefully next time I will have new and different pictures and maybe someone can retrieve my other pictures. I lost so many GOOD memories.
Sorry this is a LONG post but I wanted to write everything since this is like my journal! :)

No comments: